Vacancy for a Phlebotomist to Collects blood and other specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes according to specific requirements.
Diploma in Nursing or Phlebotomy
- Minimum requirements:
- Phlebotomist/Registered / Enrolled Nurse
- Registered at SANC/HPCSA as a phlebotomy
- Knowledge of all phlebotomy procedures
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills -Professional, empathetic, flexible, customer care
- Must be able to work in a pressurized environment -Must be able to work overtime
• Ensures that patients/ clients from whom a blood or other specimen (e.g. body fluids, tissue and excretion) is to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the actual procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures and in accordance with scope of practice.
• Draws blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results. This may include the use of Point of Care (POC) biomedical instrumentation systems and rapid testing kits for pathology.
• Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
• Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
• Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
• Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection ³bleeding´bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times. • Observes the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices in order to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/ clients.
When applying for the position please include the following
- Copy of ID
Note: Please send your cv at email@example.com