Vacancy for a Medical Technologist (ClinPath) to analyze, interpret and produce results from human specimens and to implement and maintain the quality management system for the laboratory
Valid registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Technologist – ClinPath
- Nat Dip or BHSc in Biomedical technology/Science
- Fully Computer Literacy – specifically (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Fluent in English (written, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills / telephone etiquette.
- Ability to organize and maintain records
- Good time keeping skills, must have good interpersonal relationship skills and be able to work in a team and under pressure.
- Analyze, interpret, and produce results
Check and verify that details on tubes and labels correspond
- Check the suitability of samples to be analyzed – no clots, not haemolysed -Perform instrument and manual tests
- Enter manual test results on laboratory information system (LABMAN)
- Perform internal and external quality control
- Report all non-conformances -Conduct maintenance and calibration of equipment -Review and implement changes to SOPs in order to ensure the laboratory is constantly able to provide a high quality, cost-effective, and correct results -Laboratory administration, Monitor and control stock levels and advise if goods have to be ordered.
- Monitor and control workflows and turnaround times
- Perform relevant administration i.e. filing, copying, emailing, etc.
- Report any quality control issues to laboratory management.
- Demonstrate cost consciousness and assists in meeting budgetary targets -Monitor equipment calibration and maintenance to ensure accurate and reliable results
- Assist with training on new SOP’s.
- Receiving and processing of samples (When required) Assist in receiving when necessary, verify if the information on the sample is as the laboratory requisition form
- Decide following the SOP whether specimens are suitable for analysis and processing.
When applying for the position please include the following
- Copy of ID
- Note: Please send your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org